Love, Rosie (English movie)

December 22, 2015


My Rating: 
☆ 1/2 9.5/10
It's great to watch something realistic once in awhile in this land of dramas. My friend heard good things about this movie so we decided to give a try and I'm glad we did.

Life is full of twists and turns and perfection is usually what makes life unrealistic. Everyone is flawed in their own ways, but it's these flaws that make us so human.



Synopsis:
Alex and Rosie has been best friends since they were young. Both have decided to study abroad in the United States but Rosie ends up not going because she is impregnated by her friend Greg. She doesn't tell Alex because she knows he would not go abroad if he finds out. Greg, on the other hand, disappeared after finding out about Rosie's pregnancy. Initially planning to give her child up for adoption, Rosie decides to keep her child and Greg eventually also returns so she gives him a chance. He disappoints her by having an affair with another woman. While Rosie was back with Greg, Alex got together with Sally and was about to marry due to Sally's pregnancy but Sally's child is actually another man's. Will Alex and Rosie end up together after many years?

In summary, they go through many ups and downs before ending up together and telling each other they love each other.






Cast:
Lily Collins as Rosie Dunne
Sam Claflin as Alex Stewart
Tamsin Egerton as Sally
Suki Waterhouse as Bethany Williams
Jaime Winstone as Ruby
Christian Cooke as Greg

My Thoughts:
1. Thought they would pull another affair plot with Bethany but kind of unfitting for her character to easily accept separation from Alex.

2. I kind of wanted her to give Katie away since I thought it would ruin her life but after witnessing the birth of Katie, I understood it would be really hard to just give her away. I'm glad she kept her and raised her.

3. I think Alex is super CUTE!!! I couldn't help but sympathize him for losing Katie due to misunderstandings and fate.

4. I am glad Katie actually followed her dreams and opened her own hotel.

5. Lastly, I like how realistic it is because it serves as a reminder to me how nothing is completely perfect in life because of our own actions, misunderstanding, and sometimes fate.




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love this movie too, don't have a chance to read the actual novel, but I'm very satisfied with the movie ❤ I find Alex character as realistic and cute too!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Creative Commons

Thanks for visiting my blog!